This is a training course for applicants who seek to obtain a license to conceal their firearm in Delaware, or in reciprocating states which require certification for a non-resident license. An extension to our NRA Basic Pistol Training Course, this course continues on to satisfy state requirements for Florida (Florida Statute, Title XLVI, 790.06) allowing the student to apply for a Florida non-resident handgun license for the purpose of getting concealed carry reciprocity in states not provided by the license of their home state.
Prerequisites and Costs
This course includes our NRA Basic Pistol Course. These courses are generally scheduled to run consecutively on the same day or weekend.
- Course Cost: $245 (includes materials, handouts, instruction, and court certificate)
- Range Fees: $10 (paid to the range facility in cash)
- Pistol Rental: $40 (Optional: Allows for the use of a pistol for the live fire exercise and includes 150 rounds of ammunition!)
Discounted Rate: Bookings for groups of 2 or more students in the NRA Basic Pistol Course and the Multi-State Concealed Carry License Training reduces the total Course Cost to $225 per student, a savings of $20!
Topics covered include:
- Safe Storage of Firearms and Ammunition and Child Safety
- Instruction of Delaware State Law Regarding Purchase, Ownership, Transportation and Use of a Firearm
- Instruction of Delaware State Law Pertaining to the Use of Deadly Force for Defense of Self, Others and Home
- Confrontation Avoidance and De-escalation
- Live Fire Exercise, Expending a Minimum of 100 Rounds of Ammunition
- The Delaware CCDW Application Process
- Florida Licensing Documents and Process
- Holster Presentation and Tactical Reloading
- Personal Protection Considerations at Home and Outside
- Quality functional pistol. (Rentals available for $40 and includes 150 rounds of ammunition!)
- 150-200 rounds of ammunition.
- Holster and sturdy belt recommended, but not required.
- Clothing suited to the weather and activity. (No open toed shoes; avoid v-necks, low-cut, and collared shirts)
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate safety glasses, or non-shattering prescription glasses.
- Earmuffs and/or earplugs (electronic ear protection strongly recommended).
Students will receive feedback on the live-fire exercise and notarized certificates of completion suitable to be submitted to the State of Delaware and the State of Florida.